Monday, February 27, 2012

300 more blocks and the First Ten Years

This week I continued to work on more half square triangle blocks - are you sick of hearing about them yet?  :)  The first picture I showed was only my first batch.  Here is the second batch:


You will need to go to my blog and read about the progress I am making and how my dog has helped me along in this step.

While working on these blocks I listened to this book which brought back so many memories of growing up in Indiana and seeing things through my childhood lens. It got me to thinking about sharing memories   from the past as I work on my Jubilee quilt.  I think, for me, I will break it down into ten year segments and focus on happy, fun stuff and add to it from time to time.  Do you have memories from your first ten years?  Perhaps you have photos?  If I can get my scanner to function with my Mac perhaps I'll add pictures. 

I don't want to fill this blog with personal stuff, so if you would like read some memories of my first ten years please click here and walk down memory lane with me!

Happy stitching!

Judy








12 comments:

  1. wow - that a lot of hst to sew up!
    I like listening to books while sewing too!
    I so miss the mid-west, I grew up there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, lots of little pieces, but I think I will love the finished product.
      Judy

      Delete
  2. your progress is good to see.
    i think it's good that you are recollecting as you work on your jubilee quilt. all those memories sewn right in . . .

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun to think about....I'm sure the 60's will be more interesting than the next 40 years. lol :)

      Delete
  3. I like hearing about fun memories! That's what getting older is all about, right? Remembering the good times! Thanks goodness, we can still remember! Ha!

    I'm headed over to read all about yours! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of fun memories to think about....thanks for reading! :)
      Judy

      Delete
  4. The squares were all precut from left over projects. Check out Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User's System at: http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml Tons of ideas for using one's scraps! :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're making enough hst to last a lifetime! You'll never want to make another when you're finished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be....but somehow I don't think so. You know how you just take a break from something for a while and then go back to it. Piecing is in my blood. :)
      Judy

      Delete